New Immigrants’ Language Course Business Description
In order to deepen the development advantages of the new immigrants’ children, and to use its diverse language learning environment and the growing background advantage of transnational culture, it will help the new immigrants’ children to compete internationally by providing another language ability for the new immigrants’ children. Curriculum Guidelines for the 12-year Basic Education Curriculum Guidelines lists the new immigrants’ language as one of the "Language" courses to implement the vision of "Achieving Every Child" and the curriculum objectives of "Respecting for Multiculturalism", in order to improve the overall competitiveness of the country. Among them, the new immigrants’ language is mainly the languages of Southeast Asian countries. At the elementary school level, students will choose a compulsory part from the local language and the new immigrants’ language according to their needs. At the Junior High School stage, the new immigrants’ language is listed as an elective and is offered in a flexible course based on student needs.
Concept of the curriculum guidelines:
1. Explore the diversity of new immigrants’ language and culture.
2. Increase the ability to respect and appreciate multiculturalism and create a better society.
3. Expand resources for external development cooperation and open a window for international understanding.
Objectives of the curriculum guidelines:
1. Inspire to learn about the language and culture of new immigrants.
2. Promote cognition, understanding, respect and appreciation of new immigrants and their culture.
3. Develop the ability to listen, speak, read and write of the new immigrants’ language, and apply it to daily life communication.
4. Expand international vision and apply multiple cultural perspectives.
5. Cultivate cross-cultural communication and transnational mobility and literacy.